Thursday 2 June 2016

Counting down to take off

It's now the first week of June, and we'll leave the country mid June.  We've reached the countdown fase! I've got another week to work, I'm getting into the spirit now...  At my job people keep asking "When is your last day?" "Will I see you next week?" and "Will you be here next meeting?"
The answer to that last question is "No" ever more frequently! I'm handing over projects and saying my goodbyes. 

Getting in the mood
Now it's time to think about what we still need to do and who we want to see before we leave... we have planned a little birthday/bye bash in the last weekend before we go, so that's when we'll say most of our goodbyes. The house is mostly taken care off: just a few little things left to before the renter moves in: get our personal stuff out (clothing and administrative stuff) and a extra thorough round of cleaning. 

Off to Cairns
I think we have bought and decided on the stuff we want to take with us, though I am considering to buy a bikini.... Really! Booking that diving trip last night might've played a part in that sentiment.  As said before, we will start our trip in Cairns: one of the main gateways to the Great Barrier Reef. Now think about this; we've both been diving since our mid teens (see how I just avoided telling you how OLD we are?) and this will be our first trip to the GBR. So we decided to splurge: we have booked a 3 day/2 night diving trip! This does mean we can't afford to eat the week afterwards but hey... we all have to make choices. 
Let's just hope that there's enough alive of it to make it memorable in a good way, the headlines thes past few weeks have been frightening. 

2 comments:

Please enter your name before commenting
Comment are subject to moderation